-   -   How to apply an automatic format to a column? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/154821-how-apply-automatic-format-column.html)

AussieBumBxl

How to apply an automatic format to a column?

Hi,

I am trying to automatically apply a format to a column, the colum's color
should change depending the value of a cell on the top of the column.

Ex.:

if A1 value is 1 then apply color RED in cells A2 A3 A4 A5 A6
if A1 value is 2 then apply color GREEN in cells A2 A3 A4 A5 A6

thx for you help.

Arnaud

Don Guillett

How to apply an automatic format to a column?

just use formatconditional format

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"AussieBumBxl" wrote in message

I am trying to automatically apply a format to a column, the colum's color
should change depending the value of a cell on the top of the column.

Ex.:

if A1 value is 1 then apply color RED in cells A2 A3 A4 A5 A6
if A1 value is 2 then apply color GREEN in cells A2 A3 A4 A5 A6

thx for you help.

Arnaud

Gord Dibben

How to apply an automatic format to a column?

Select A2:A6 and FormatConditional FormattingCondition 1Formula is:

=$A$1=1 Format to Red

AddCondition 2Formula is:

=$A$1=2 Format to Green.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP