-   -   Inserting worksheet calculations into macros (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/154192-inserting-worksheet-calculations-into-macros.html)

arlen andrews

Inserting worksheet calculations into macros

I need to automate a macro to use calculated cell addresses in the macro (see
present macro)

Sub Macro4()
CELL = "AZ54"
RANGE (CELL).select
End Sub

How can I insert a calculated Cell Address for the AZ54 in the above macro?

Barb Reinhardt

Inserting worksheet calculations into macros

I'm not following your question. Your macro does what (I understand) you
are asking for.

"arlen andrews" wrote:

I need to automate a macro to use calculated cell addresses in the macro (see
present macro)

Sub Macro4()
CELL = "AZ54"
RANGE (CELL).select
End Sub

How can I insert a calculated Cell Address for the AZ54 in the above macro?

Duke Carey

Inserting worksheet calculations into macros

Depends how you are calculating the address.

DIM strAddress as string
strAddress = "AZ"&54

if cell A1 on the active sheet contained an address like AZ54, you can do:

Range(range("A1").value).Select

BTW, you rarely need to SELECT a range. Most things can be done simply by
referencing the range. For example:

range("AZ54").formula = "=A1+c1"

"arlen andrews" wrote:

I need to automate a macro to use calculated cell addresses in the macro (see
present macro)

Sub Macro4()
CELL = "AZ54"
RANGE (CELL).select
End Sub

How can I insert a calculated Cell Address for the AZ54 in the above macro?

arlen andrews

Inserting worksheet calculations into macros

Thanks, I will try one or both of your comments. I am using the Range
selection because that is what the macro generator spit out when I recorded
the macro, (I am still learning how to work with VBA and macros).

"arlen andrews" wrote:

I need to automate a macro to use calculated cell addresses in the macro (see
present macro)

Sub Macro4()
CELL = "AZ54"
RANGE (CELL).select
End Sub

How can I insert a calculated Cell Address for the AZ54 in the above macro?

Barb Reinhardt

Inserting worksheet calculations into macros

The macro recorder doesn't give the most efficient macros. I generally clean
up the worksheet and/or range selection after I record a macro.

HTH,
Barb Reinhardt