-   -   why are my columns not adding correctly (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/153874-why-my-columns-not-adding-correctly.html)

Cathie

why are my columns not adding correctly

I am new to excel, and am using a spreadsheet alreadey set up, when I have
two cells to add up, the total is off by 1 penny, why? Formula says
=Sum(F2:G2)
help.....

S S

why are my columns not adding correctly

It could be the formatting of the cells, with some rounding up taking place.

"Cathie" wrote in message
I am new to excel, and am using a spreadsheet alreadey set up, when I have
two cells to add up, the total is off by 1 penny, why? Formula says
=Sum(F2:G2)
help.....

Niek Otten

why are my columns not adding correctly

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/pennyoff.html

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Cathie" wrote in message ...
|I am new to excel, and am using a spreadsheet alreadey set up, when I have
| two cells to add up, the total is off by 1 penny, why? Formula says
| =Sum(F2:G2)
| help.....

Cathie

why are my columns not adding correctly

Thank you, but how do I correct the rounding up?

"Cathie" wrote in message
I am new to excel, and am using a spreadsheet alreadey set up, when I have
two cells to add up, the total is off by 1 penny, why? Formula says
=Sum(F2:G2)
help.....

Fred Smith

why are my columns not adding correctly