-   -   Pivot tables (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/153719-pivot-tables.html)

Old Keith

Pivot tables

I have downloaded my credit card details over the years into Excel. What I'd
like to do now is to have Pivot produce a report showing just the amount
spent for each month, with the years grand total. Is there a simpler way of
doing this,other than adding another column with a lookup entry that returns
the months, as I'm doing now? Thanks in advance.

Mike Middleton

Pivot tables

Old Keith -

If your data have a date/time field that contains actual dates and times
(not text), then you can use a Pivot Table to group by month and year (and
then hide the details).

- Mike
http://www.MikeMiddleton.com

"Old Keith" wrote in message
I have downloaded my credit card details over the years into Excel. What
I'd
like to do now is to have Pivot produce a report showing just the amount
spent for each month, with the years grand total. Is there a simpler way
of
doing this,other than adding another column with a lookup entry that
returns
the months, as I'm doing now? Thanks in advance.

Old Keith

Pivot tables

Hi Mike,
I'm using Excel 2007 and I just can't seem to navigate the route your
talking about.Can you lead me a bit more?
Old Keith