-   -   Linking data from one workbook to another (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/153695-linking-data-one-workbook-another.html)

Jacque Young

Linking data from one workbook to another

I have 15 individual trackers that contain names (A1 -A700) and then data for
those individuals in B1-E700. I want to pull the data from B1-E700 if present
to a master tracker. Tricky part is the location and place on the individual
trackers may vary month to month. Can I have a formula that will search for
the name amonst all trackers and pull the data if present to the master
tracker? Please help I am going insane.

Per Erik Midtrød

Linking data from one workbook to another

The formula vlookup should do that.
If you want to find the name "John" in column A on sheet 1, the
formula would be:
VLOOKUP("John";Sheet1!A:B;2;FALSE)

Per Erik

On Thu, 9 Aug 2007 16:14:01 -0700, Jacque Young <Jacque
wrote:

I have 15 individual trackers that contain names (A1 -A700) and then data for
those individuals in B1-E700. I want to pull the data from B1-E700 if present
to a master tracker. Tricky part is the location and place on the individual
trackers may vary month to month. Can I have a formula that will search for
the name amonst all trackers and pull the data if present to the master
tracker? Please help I am going insane.

FSt1

Linking data from one workbook to another

hi,
can we have a definition of what a "master tracker" is?!?

regards
FSt1

"Jacque Young" wrote:

I have 15 individual trackers that contain names (A1 -A700) and then data for
those individuals in B1-E700. I want to pull the data from B1-E700 if present
to a master tracker. Tricky part is the location and place on the individual
trackers may vary month to month. Can I have a formula that will search for
the name amonst all trackers and pull the data if present to the master
tracker? Please help I am going insane.

Jacque Young[_2_]

Linking data from one workbook to another

master tracker is a seperate workbook that will pull data from colums B-E if
say "Jane Doe" is listed in column A in any of the 15 individual workbooks.

Example: This information below may be in 1 of 15 seperate workbooks that I
want the Master tracker (destination workbook) to search for. The master
tracker will contain the names of all individual names (A1-A750 750 names)
with columns B-E to be filled with the data from the 15 seperate workbooks.

Column A B C D
Name Week 1 Week 2 Week 3
Week 4
Jane Doe GR12345678 GR11111111 GR22222222
GR33333333

I hope this makes sense!