-   -   How do I show zeros transfered from excel to mail-merge word? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/153628-how-do-i-show-zeros-transfered-excel-mail-merge-word.html)

Megan

How do I show zeros transfered from excel to mail-merge word?

Okay, I have made my one of columns in Excel as currency, and when I
transfer that data over to mail-merge word to print my letters, it only shows
the value of $74.40 as $74.4. What do I need to do?

Bernard Liengme

How do I show zeros transfered from excel to mail-merge word?

One answer: http://www.uwec.edu/help/Word03/MM-rounding.htm
Another:
http://domino.lancs.ac.uk/pub/usghel...3?OpenDocument

Google with <mail merge word excel decimal for more
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Megan" wrote in message
Okay, I have made my one of columns in Excel as currency, and when I
transfer that data over to mail-merge word to print my letters, it only
shows
the value of $74.40 as $74.4. What do I need to do?

Jock

How do I show zeros transfered from excel to mail-merge word?

One way would be to format the currency column as text. That way, whatever is
in the cell will be transferred.
--
Traa Dy Liooar

Jock

"Megan" wrote:

Okay, I have made my one of columns in Excel as currency, and when I
transfer that data over to mail-merge word to print my letters, it only shows
the value of $74.40 as $74.4. What do I need to do?

David Biddulph[_2_]

How do I show zeros transfered from excel to mail-merge word?

But formatting as text a column which is currently formatted as currency
will *not* keep the formatting of the data currently displayed. Your
$74.40 would change to 74.4. You'd be better off with a helper column such
as =TEXT(A1,"$0.00").
--
David Biddulph