-   -   convert hours format to decimal or minutes (exp. 1:15:00 = 75 min. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/153623-convert-hours-format-decimal-minutes-exp-1-15-00-%3D-75-min.html)

hard working andy w

convert hours format to decimal or minutes (exp. 1:15:00 = 75 min.

How do I copy and past a help example to a blank spreadsheet pertaining to
the above subject?

I can subtract an end time from a begin time to get hours and minutes
(1:15:00 or 75 minutes).

How do I convert 1:15:00 to 75 minutes?

Mike H

convert hours format to decimal or minutes (exp. 1:15:00 = 75 min.

A custom format of

[m]

Mike

"hard working andy w" wrote:

How do I copy and past a help example to a blank spreadsheet pertaining to
the above subject?

I can subtract an end time from a begin time to get hours and minutes
(1:15:00 or 75 minutes).

How do I convert 1:15:00 to 75 minutes?

Mike H

convert hours format to decimal or minutes (exp. 1:15:00 = 75 min.

Alternatively

=(A1-A2)*24*60

Mike

"hard working andy w" wrote:

How do I copy and past a help example to a blank spreadsheet pertaining to
the above subject?

I can subtract an end time from a begin time to get hours and minutes
(1:15:00 or 75 minutes).

How do I convert 1:15:00 to 75 minutes?

Leo Rod

convert hours format to decimal or minutes (exp. 1:15:00 = 75 min.

To convert it to a value:
=MINUTE(A1)+(HOUR(A1)*60)
where A1 is the time.

"hard working andy w" <hard working andy wrote
in message ...
How do I copy and past a help example to a blank spreadsheet pertaining to
the above subject?

I can subtract an end time from a begin time to get hours and minutes
(1:15:00 or 75 minutes).

How do I convert 1:15:00 to 75 minutes?

Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)

convert hours format to decimal or minutes (exp. 1:15:00 = 75 min.

To convert it to a value:
=MINUTE(A1)+(HOUR(A1)*60)
where A1 is the time.

While Mike H's formula (=A1*60*24) would be the quickest method (although I
would change the 60*24 in it to 1440 to save a multiplication), if you
wanted to examine alternate methods, then here is another one to consider
(shorter than yours and one function call less)...

=--TEXT(A1,"[m]")

Rick

Peo Sjoblom

convert hours format to decimal or minutes (exp. 1:15:00 = 75 min.

I think Mike used A1*60*24 since it makes more sense than 1440 or 86400 with
seconds

I mean, since we are working with time values if you convert 55000 seconds
into Excel time values I think =55000/24/60/60 makes more sense than
=55000/86400

Peo Sjoblom

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" wrote in
message ...
To convert it to a value:
=MINUTE(A1)+(HOUR(A1)*60)
where A1 is the time.

While Mike H's formula (=A1*60*24) would be the quickest method (although
I would change the 60*24 in it to 1440 to save a multiplication), if you
wanted to examine alternate methods, then here is another one to consider
(shorter than yours and one function call less)...

=--TEXT(A1,"[m]")

Rick

Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)

convert hours format to decimal or minutes (exp. 1:15:00 = 75 min.

I think Mike used A1*60*24 since it makes more sense than 1440 or 86400
with seconds

I mean, since we are working with time values if you convert 55000
seconds into Excel time values I think =55000/24/60/60 makes more sense
than =55000/86400

No, I understand that... I just meant that I would have used 1440 in the
formula and put an explanation in the text telling the OP where the number
came from. Sorry for not being more clear about that.

Rick