-   -   Extracting data from a long list (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/153528-extracting-data-long-list.html)

Chandler

Extracting data from a long list

Hi. I have a very long list (1000+) of names of hotels in column A and
against each entry there is some data in column B. I want to be able to
somehow extract the data for just six or so hotels at a time without having
to go to each respective row (the hotels can be anywhere in the list). In
other words I'd like to type in a much shorter list of hotels and have Excel
paste somewhere on the sheet a list with just the data for those hotels. I
think I knew how to do this once. Very grateful for any help.

Chandler