-   -   how do I divide one number into another number using excel? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/153283-how-do-i-divide-one-number-into-another-number-using-excel.html)

Arch56

how do I divide one number into another number using excel?

What is the formula to divide one number into another number using excel 2003?

Peo Sjoblom

how do I divide one number into another number using excel?

Look up division in help, you can even copy an example into the workbook

Peo Sjoblom

"Arch56" wrote in message
What is the formula to divide one number into another number using excel
2003?

JLatham

how do I divide one number into another number using excel?

=15 / 3
=A5 /4
=A6 / B9
all of those are valid division formulas - however, in the last case if
value in B9 is zero, the result will be #DIV/0! error indication.