-   -   HIGHTLIGHT ROW BASED ON TEXT IN ANOTHER CELL (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/153079-hightlight-row-based-text-another-cell.html)

Chopper

HIGHTLIGHT ROW BASED ON TEXT IN ANOTHER CELL

Hi all,
I want to highlight a row based on the contents of a single cell.
EG
K23 has "XX"
I want to highlight the whole of row 23.
It has to be based on that cell only as columns on either side also contain
"xx" and i dont want to inclued these in the calculation.
Any help would be much apprietated.

JMB

HIGHTLIGHT ROW BASED ON TEXT IN ANOTHER CELL

Select all of row 23 (or however much of it you want highlighted
Format/Conditional formatting
Formula is
=$K$23="XX"
then select your format preference.

"Chopper" wrote:

Hi all,
I want to highlight a row based on the contents of a single cell.
EG
K23 has "XX"
I want to highlight the whole of row 23.
It has to be based on that cell only as columns on either side also contain
"xx" and i dont want to inclued these in the calculation.
Any help would be much apprietated.

Chopper

HIGHTLIGHT ROW BASED ON TEXT IN ANOTHER CELL

Thanks JMB,IT WORKED A TREAT.
Now i need to know if there is a way of applying this Formula to the whole
sheet.
EG
When there is "xx" in cell k23 or l23 or m23 then 23 is highlighted.
I want to do this from row 2 through to row 32.

Chopper

"Chopper" wrote:

Hi all,
I want to highlight a row based on the contents of a single cell.
EG
K23 has "XX"
I want to highlight the whole of row 23.
It has to be based on that cell only as columns on either side also contain
"xx" and i dont want to inclued these in the calculation.
Any help would be much apprietated.

JMB

HIGHTLIGHT ROW BASED ON TEXT IN ANOTHER CELL

So if K2 = "xx", highlight only row 2 and if K23="xx", highlight only row 23?
If so, select rows 2:32 and try this formula in your conditional formatting:
=SUMPRODUCT(--($K2:$M2="xx"))0

If you want rows 2:32 dependent on K23:M23 and not columns K:M of their
respective rows, try
=SUMPRODUCT(--($K$23:$M$23="xx"))0