-   -   formula/functions for average and if functions (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/153070-formula-functions-average-if-functions.html)

Petu71

formula/functions for average and if functions

Hi,

I have n 1 column values (seconds) and I want to calculate average for this
where comes only values that are bigger than 60 seconds - how??? Can some
body help me with this?

Kindly regards, Petri

David Biddulph[_2_]

formula/functions for average and if functions

=AVERAGE(IF(A1:A10060,A1:A100,"")) entered as an array formula (Control
Shift Enter), if the numbers are numbers of seconds.

If they are in Excel time format, then
=AVERAGE(IF(A1:A100TIME(0,0,60),A1:A100,"")) (again as an array formula).
--
David Biddulph

"Petu71" wrote in message

I have n 1 column values (seconds) and I want to calculate average for
this
where comes only values that are bigger than 60 seconds - how??? Can some
body help me with this?

Kindly regards, Petri

Sandy Mann

formula/functions for average and if functions

Are the seconds XLtimes or numbers? if numbers use:

=AVERAGE(IF(G1:G1060,G1:G10))

Array entered with Ctrl + Shift + Enter not just Enter. If doen correctly
you will get { Formual } if not you get a #VALUE! error

If the times are real XL times then use:

=AVERAGE(IF(H1:H10=1/60/24,H1:H10))

also array entered.

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings