Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Feeding data from one spreadsheet to another.

Hello,

I hope you guys can help me, I've had this issue that I'm dying to solve!.

I have a spreadsheet that has around 15 colums, each line has unique
information about a pc/laptop.. For example

Col A: Asset Id number
Col B: Description
Col C: SMS Last update
Col D: Primary User

Now, in another spreadsheet, which is a direct dump from our CMDB I have a
similar setup where you have

Col A: Asset Id number
Col B: SMS Last update
Col C: Primary User

I would like this second spreadsheet to update the associated SMS update and
primary user update..

So it would search the second workbook and go, ok so Col A in the first
sheet is W1125021 and Col A in the second workbook is W1125021, what is
column B's data in the second sheet, ok, I'll put that in column C's data in
the first wookbook.

Hope you can help, and I hope this was understandable..