-   -   My arrow changed on all spreadsheets (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/15206-my-arrow-changed-all-spreadsheets.html)

nonny1

My arrow changed on all spreadsheets

Why did my arrow cursor change from an arrow to a fat white cross?

JulieD

hi

"arrow types" have different meanings depending on where you are in excel,
if you are over the centre of a cell you will see a white cross .. this is
to indicate that you can select the contents of the cell ... if click on a
cell and then move over the border of the cell, you'll get a white arrow,
this means you can select the cell itself ... a black cross, bottom right of
the cell will allow you to fill the contents of the cell to another cell ...
and i guess there's probably more.

Cheers
JulieD