-   -   grading (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/152004-grading.html)

Miranda

grading

What I am trying to do is in put 3 different set of tests. Each on weighing
with a % of the total. How do i do a formula to calulate this:

Exam 1 Exam 2 Final
100 93 79
99 90 74
63 51 43

the first weighs 15% the second 25% and the final at 50%. What should i do?
Thank you

Duke Carey

grading

Your percentages don't add to 100%.

Ignoring that, insert a new row above your test headings. Above Exam 1 type
15%. then put 25% and 50% above the other 2. Assume that is in Row 1, and
your data then starts in cell A3. In D3 use this formula:

=sumproduct(A$1:C$1,A3:C3)

and copy it down

"miranda" wrote:

What I am trying to do is in put 3 different set of tests. Each on weighing
with a % of the total. How do i do a formula to calulate this:

Exam 1 Exam 2 Final
100 93 79
99 90 74
63 51 43

the first weighs 15% the second 25% and the final at 50%. What should i do?
Thank you

Miranda

grading

Thank you so much and you are right, it wasn't 50% it was 60%. You really
helped.
Miranda