Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default vlookup returning a value in more than one cell

I am using the VLOOKUP formula to return a value in a cell based on a
validation list. I want to know if I pick something in the list can I have
it fill in one cell with a value from one column and another cell with a
value from another column. For example:
A B C
Program Description Products
Banking At Work description 1 online, mail, etc
Internet Banking description 2 bill pay etc

I want to pick something from the program column and have the description
fill in the next column and the products fill in the one after that.

I have Column A named Program as a range a2:a3, I have description 1 named
BankingAtWork and this works with the VLOOKUP However, I don't know how to
get column C to work with VLOOKUP based on the Programs. Thank you.