-   -   HLOOKUP and choose one value among 2 values (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/151685-hlookup-choose-one-value-among-2-values.html)

Positive

HLOOKUP and choose one value among 2 values

Hi,

I have a spread sheet that formats assumingly for HLOOKUP. However,
under the name of the property which takes up 2 cells, there are 2
values. For example, under Property RIVER , there are rent values for
March and April. I only want to update one value. What formula should
I use.

Property RIVER FOREST MOUNTAIN
Month
Rent 30 40 35 45 65 70

Toppers

HLOOKUP and choose one value among 2 values

A B C D E F
Property River Forest Mountain
Month March April March April March April
Rent 30 40 35 45 65 70

To get March data for "River"

=INDEX($B$3:$G$3,0,MATCH("River",$B$1:$G$1,0))

To get April data for "River"

=INDEX($B$3:$G$3,0,MATCH("River",$B$1:$G$1,0)+1)

Change "River" to "Forest"/"Mountain" for equivalent

HTH