-   -   Excel formulas with text? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/151549-excel-formulas-text.html)

scottydel

Excel formulas with text?

Hello,

The contents of cell A1 are numeric, say 199. I would like the contents of
cell D5 to be the contents of cell A1 concatenated with some text, like so:

A1: 199
D5: 199 days

I tried entering this as a formula for Cell D5, but it didn't work:

=$A$1 + ' days'

I'm not looking for a VBA solution, but would prefer something I can do
directly in Excel.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Scott