-   -   How to put test questions then student answers and get % correct (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/151307-how-put-test-questions-then-student-answers-get-%25-correct.html)

Kathy

How to put test questions then student answers and get % correct

I need to make a sheet with test questions and answers. Then I need to put
in all students and their answers. Afterwards I need it to caluate the
percentage that was correct. Can anyone help?

Toppers

How to put test questions then student answers and get % correct

How are questions distributed to students? And returned to you?

Do the questions have multiple choice answers?

If Yes, then you could have a table of questions and correct answers and use
VLOOKUP to check a students answer, putting 1 if correct, 0 if incorrect.
Then use SUM to get a student's mark and then calculate %.

The multiple choice selections for a question could be done using Data
Validation.

HTH

"Kathy" wrote:

I need to make a sheet with test questions and answers. Then I need to put
in all students and their answers. Afterwards I need it to caluate the
percentage that was correct. Can anyone help?

Teethless mama

How to put test questions then student answers and get % correct

Assuming student names in column A, and column B their scores, and column C
either have "y" for correct answer, "n" for wrong answer

In D2: =COUNTIF(C2:C10,"y")/COUNTA(C2:C10)