-   -   internet connection via excel macro at timed intervels & save data to excel file. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/151178-internet-connection-via-excel-macro-timed-intervels-save-data-excel-file.html)

Sam

internet connection via excel macro at timed intervels & save data to excel file.

Hi Gang,

I looked around and found bits and pieces to what I was looking for
but did not find all the pieces to put it all togther.

What I am looking to do is use a macro to:

1. Access a company website website once a day (example: 5:45am).
2. Tab over a couple of radio buttons to get a section I need to
download data from ( I think I can do this)
3. Run a query from the website. (essentially clicking on a single
button to extract data from the past 24 hours)
4. Copy all of the data the data that returns (Control A).
5. Paste it unto a blank MS Excel file and save on my computer in a
pretermined folder.

As always my sincere thanks to all the members in the forum!

Sam

Stephane Quenson

internet connection via excel macro at timed intervels & save data

Sam,

If you are sure that the web page is very static in its format, I would use
the "SendKeys" function in a macro, but you will face some difficulties if
you want to properly interact with Internet explorer as everything will be
hard coded, for example the number of tabs you need to perform to reach the
right link.

Personally, I am using http://www.autoitscript.com for such automation. The
language is close to VBA, so it is easy to learn and you can really do great
things.

Stephane