-   -   formula in excel that will highlight a cell that is left blank? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/150980-formula-excel-will-highlight-cell-left-blank.html)

Kimo

formula in excel that will highlight a cell that is left blank?

I'm trying to find a formula to make a certain cell if it is left blank to be
able to highlight it with a color. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks Kimo

Dave Thomas

formula in excel that will highlight a cell that is left blank?

One way is conditional formatting. If your cell is B10, Format
menu/Conditional formatting. Under condition 1, select formula. In the box
to the right type =isblank(B10)
Then select format .... below the formula box. Then select the patterns
tab. Select the color you want the cell to be if it is blank.

..
"Kimo" wrote in message
I'm trying to find a formula to make a certain cell if it is left blank to
be
able to highlight it with a color. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks Kimo

T. Valko

formula in excel that will highlight a cell that is left blank?

The cell will be highlighted until something (anything, except a formula
blank) is entered.

Assume the cell of interest is A1
Select cell A1
Goto the menu FormatConditionalFormatting
Formula is: =A1=""
Click the Format button
Select the style(s) desired (maybe a red fill color)
OK out

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Kimo" wrote in message
I'm trying to find a formula to make a certain cell if it is left blank to
be
able to highlight it with a color. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks Kimo

Kimo

formula in excel that will highlight a cell that is left blank

Thanks for your input.

"Kimo" wrote in message
I'm trying to find a formula to make a certain cell if it is left blank to
be
able to highlight it with a color. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks Kimo

Kimo

formula in excel that will highlight a cell that is left blank

Hey Thanks Dave, worked great.