-   -   Lookup help (I think) (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/150790-lookup-help-i-think.html)

[email protected]

Lookup help (I think)

I am constatly entering client numbers and names in an excel
spreadsheet. What i would like to do it have a fomula in column b that
will return the client name that i type in column a. I could have a
master list of client to lookup from. Can someone please help me with
this. Thanks!

Bob Phillips

Lookup help (I think)

Create a list of numbers and names in M1:N20 say and use

=VLOOKUP(A2,$M$1:$N$20,2,False)

adjust the last row to suit.

--
HTH

Bob

wrote in message
ups.com...
I am constatly entering client numbers and names in an excel
spreadsheet. What i would like to do it have a fomula in column b that
will return the client name that i type in column a. I could have a
master list of client to lookup from. Can someone please help me with
this. Thanks!

Mike H

Lookup help (I think)

I'm confused, You type a name in Col B and if a match exists in Column A,
what is it you want to do?

Mike