-   -   Advanced filter dates and nulls (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/150552-advanced-filter-dates-nulls.html)

JoHickey

Advanced filter dates and nulls

I would like to use the advanced filter to return all dates greater than
April 1, 2007 or are null. I cannot seem to incorporate the two together.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Debra Dalgleish

Advanced filter dates and nulls

Enter the target date (1-Apr-07) in an empty cell on the worksheet, e.g. P1
In the criteria range, enter the Date heading in two columns, e.g. Q1 and R1
In cell Q2, enter the formula: =""&P1
This will show the date as a number, but will work fine
In cell R3, enter the formula: ="="

When you run the advanced filter, select Q1:R3 as the criteria range.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

[email protected]

Advanced filter dates and nulls

On Jul 17, 8:52 am, JoHickey
wrote:
I would like to use the advanced filter to return all dates greater than
April 1, 2007 or are null. I cannot seem to incorporate the two together.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

You need to set up two criteria rows, with the "greater than"
condition in one and the null condition in the other.

Allan Rogg