-   -   an exact number if a number is less than (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/150484-exact-number-if-number-less-than.html)

BELINDA

an exact number if a number is less than

e.g., my inventory qty should always be 7. if inventory is at 3, i want a
formula to put a 4 in the order column. how do i do that???

daddylonglegs

an exact number if a number is less than

If the current inventory amount is in A1 try this formula

=MAX(0,7-A1)

"Belinda" wrote:

e.g., my inventory qty should always be 7. if inventory is at 3, i want a
formula to put a 4 in the order column. how do i do that???

Dave Thomas

an exact number if a number is less than

Inventory quantity is in A1. Order cell is in B1. In B1 put
=IF(A1<7,7-A1,0). This shows 0 in the order cell if you do not need to order
anything.
If you want nothing to show instead of 0 put =IF(A1<7,7-A1,"")

"Belinda" wrote in message
e.g., my inventory qty should always be 7. if inventory is at 3, i want a
formula to put a 4 in the order column. how do i do that???

BELINDA

an exact number if a number is less than

i'll be doggone if that didn't work! THANKS a bunch.

"Belinda" wrote:

e.g., my inventory qty should always be 7. if inventory is at 3, i want a
formula to put a 4 in the order column. how do i do that???

BELINDA

an exact number if a number is less than

that worked too!! THANKS Dave.