-   -   How do I link a value into a sentence in Excel? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/150189-how-do-i-link-value-into-sentence-excel.html)

FHM12

How do I link a value into a sentence in Excel?

I want to link a specifc number into the middle of a sentence in a different
cell.

Example: "x% of Total" where I'm pulling x from another cell.

Mike H

How do I link a value into a sentence in Excel?

Try this in a cell:-

="First bit of my sentence " & A1 & " another bit of writing "

Purs whatever is in A1 in the midle.

Mike

"FHM12" wrote:

I want to link a specifc number into the middle of a sentence in a different
cell.

Example: "x% of Total" where I'm pulling x from another cell.

T. Valko

How do I link a value into a sentence in Excel?

Here's one way:

A1 = 25% (formatted as %)

=A1*100&"% of Total"

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"FHM12" wrote in message
I want to link a specifc number into the middle of a sentence in a
different
cell.

Example: "x% of Total" where I'm pulling x from another cell.

CLR

How do I link a value into a sentence in Excel?

With "25" in A1 and "% of Total" in B1, (without quotes), then in C1, or
wherever, put

=A1&B1

to return 25% of Total

"FHM12" wrote:

I want to link a specifc number into the middle of a sentence in a different
cell.

Example: "x% of Total" where I'm pulling x from another cell.

Dave Peterson

How do I link a value into a sentence in Excel?

or

=text(a1,"0.00%") & " of total"

(or use the percent format of your choice)

"T. Valko" wrote:

Here's one way:

A1 = 25% (formatted as %)

=A1*100&"% of Total"