-   -   Text to Number (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/150041-text-number.html)

Talladega

Text to Number

Hi

I have a series of numbers in each row with an apostrophe in the front. How
do i create a formula that can take out the apostrophe, so the zero in the
front of the number disappear leaving only numbers.

ex: '014564 -- 14564
'077454 -- 77454
'023457 -- 23457
'077875 -- 77875

Ron Coderre

Text to Number

Try this:

Select the single-column range to be impacted
From the Excel main menu:
<data<text-to-columns
Click [Finish]

Does that help?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"Talladega" wrote:

Hi

I have a series of numbers in each row with an apostrophe in the front. How
do i create a formula that can take out the apostrophe, so the zero in the
front of the number disappear leaving only numbers.

ex: '014564 -- 14564
'077454 -- 77454
'023457 -- 23457
'077875 -- 77875

Talladega

Text to Number

Thanks...that was very easy

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

Try this:

Select the single-column range to be impacted
From the Excel main menu:
<data<text-to-columns
Click [Finish]

Does that help?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"Talladega" wrote:

Hi

I have a series of numbers in each row with an apostrophe in the front. How
do i create a formula that can take out the apostrophe, so the zero in the
front of the number disappear leaving only numbers.

ex: '014564 -- 14564
'077454 -- 77454
'023457 -- 23457
'077875 -- 77875

MartinW

Text to Number

Hi Talladega,

Try this;
Copy a blank cell
Select all of your data
EditPaste SpecialCheck Add and OK

HTH
Martin

"Talladega" wrote in message
Hi

I have a series of numbers in each row with an apostrophe in the front.
How
do i create a formula that can take out the apostrophe, so the zero in the
front of the number disappear leaving only numbers.

ex: '014564 -- 14564
'077454 -- 77454
'023457 -- 23457
'077875 -- 77875

T. Valko

Text to Number

You can do this without a formula.

Select the range of cells in question
Goto DataText to Columns
Select Fixed widthNext
Set the breakline after the 0:

'0 | 14564

Click Next
In Step 3 of the wizard select Do not import
Click Finish

If you do want a formula:

=--MID(A1,3,255)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Talladega" wrote in message
Hi

I have a series of numbers in each row with an apostrophe in the front.
How
do i create a formula that can take out the apostrophe, so the zero in the
front of the number disappear leaving only numbers.

ex: '014564 -- 14564
'077454 -- 77454
'023457 -- 23457
'077875 -- 77875

Teethless mama

Text to Number

If you see a whole bunch of small green triangles on the top left of the
cells, then select those range you will see a square box with exclamation
mark, click on that and select Convert to Number

"Talladega" wrote:

Hi

I have a series of numbers in each row with an apostrophe in the front. How
do i create a formula that can take out the apostrophe, so the zero in the
front of the number disappear leaving only numbers.

ex: '014564 -- 14564
'077454 -- 77454
'023457 -- 23457
'077875 -- 77875

Ron Coderre

Text to Number

I'm glad that worked for you.....thanks for the feedback.

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"Talladega" wrote:

Thanks...that was very easy

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

Try this:

Select the single-column range to be impacted
From the Excel main menu:
<data<text-to-columns
Click [Finish]

Does that help?