-   -   How do I enter the same data no multiple cells with current data? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/149690-how-do-i-enter-same-data-no-multiple-cells-current-data.html)

Maggie

How do I enter the same data no multiple cells with current data?

Please help.

Wigi

How do I enter the same data no multiple cells with current data?

Maggie

Don't put your question in the title.

In addition, be more specific, in order to get a good response.

--
Wigi
http://www.wimgielis.be = Excel/VBA, soccer and music

"Maggie" wrote:

Please help.

Maggie

How do I enter the same data no multiple cells with current data?

I'll be a bit more specific. I want to know if there is a way of adding the
same data to multiple cells that already have data without changing the
existing data in the cell. For example if I have a number 07165489 I want to
be able to add to the front of it 978. I want to do the same thing to
multiple cells

Thank you.

"Maggie" wrote:

Please help.

Bernard Liengme[_2_]

How do I enter the same data no multiple cells with current da

If this these are real numbers - you need to do an arithmetic operation on
them-
enter 97800000000 in an empty cell; copy it; select the cells of interest;
use Edit Paste Special with Add checked; deete the cell with 97800000000

If the 'numbers' are things like account 'numbers': use formula
=TEXT("978","###")&TEXT(A1,"#######"); copy down the column next to the cell
of interest; now use Copy followed by Edit Paste Special with Values
checked to convert fromulas to values. Now you can delete the original values.

best wsihes
--
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Maggie" wrote:

I'll be a bit more specific. I want to know if there is a way of adding the
same data to multiple cells that already have data without changing the
existing data in the cell. For example if I have a number 07165489 I want to
be able to add to the front of it 978. I want to do the same thing to
multiple cells

Thank you.

"Maggie" wrote:

Please help.

Maggie

How do I enter the same data no multiple cells with current da

THANK YOU! This worked perfectly.
You just made my day :)

"Maggie" wrote:

I'll be a bit more specific. I want to know if there is a way of adding the
same data to multiple cells that already have data without changing the
existing data in the cell. For example if I have a number 07165489 I want to
be able to add to the front of it 978. I want to do the same thing to
multiple cells

Thank you.

"Maggie" wrote:

Please help.

Gord Dibben

How do I enter the same data no multiple cells with current data?

First, 07165489 is not a number unless you have formatted to 00000000

Otherwise it is text.

Couple of ways.

1. in a helper column celll enter ="978" & A1. Copy down the column.

2. With a macro to change all in place at one go with no formulas.

Post back if 2. would suit you.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 14:42:01 -0700, Maggie
wrote:

I'll be a bit more specific. I want to know if there is a way of adding the
same data to multiple cells that already have data without changing the
existing data in the cell. For example if I have a number 07165489 I want to
be able to add to the front of it 978. I want to do the same thing to
multiple cells

Thank you.

"Maggie" wrote:

Please help.

Teethless mama

How do I enter the same data no multiple cells with current data?

Select your ranges Edit Replace Find what: 07165489 Replace with:
97807165489

"Maggie" wrote:

Please help.