-   -   range,cell refrence (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/149342-range-cell-refrence.html)

buzz

range,cell refrence

Using excel 2007. I have a range consisting of 12 cells (monthly total
results) in a column that progressively changes in value as the year
progresses. I want to automatically reference ONLY the cell corresponding to
the current month. The following month the cell in the range changes. Is
there a worksheet function that will give me the results of the monthly cell?
--
Seamen, with their inherent sense of order, service, and discipline, should
really be running the world.

T. Valko

range,cell refrence

I'm assuming with 12 cells that the 1st cell represents January and the 12th
cells represents December.

To return the value of the cell that corresponds to the current month
(assume the range of cells is A1:A12):

=INDEX(A1:A12,MONTH(TODAY()))

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"buzz" wrote in message
Using excel 2007. I have a range consisting of 12 cells (monthly total
results) in a column that progressively changes in value as the year
progresses. I want to automatically reference ONLY the cell corresponding
the current month. The following month the cell in the range changes. Is
there a worksheet function that will give me the results of the monthly
cell?
--
Seamen, with their inherent sense of order, service, and discipline,
should
really be running the world.

buzz

range,cell refrence

Thank You, I've not had occasion to use the Index function before. That
worked great.