-   -   IF function results not displayed in cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/149334-if-function-results-not-displayed-cell.html)

mrcpuhead

IF function results not displayed in cell

I've added a correctly formatted IF statement to a Text cell in a worksheet
(Excel 2003), but instead of showing the result, it shows the formula in the
cell.
I've tried the Ctrl ` key combo - that doesn't help.
Even if I then replace the cell's contents with a simple reference to
another cell (for example =G23), the cell shows the reference instead of the
value of the other cell.

T. Valko

IF function results not displayed in cell

Try formatting the cell to GENERAL. Then, with the cell still selected hit
function key F2 then hit ENTER.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP