-   -   vlookup formulas (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/149162-vlookup-formulas.html)

smprfii

vlookup formulas

I'm new to the vlookup world... I am trying to take a number
from one cell, look it up on anohter sheet, take the number from one
column over, and input it back to the original sheet in a different
cell. Frustrating as hell, can anybody help me?

Pete_UK

vlookup formulas

Assume your number is in A1 of Sheet1, and that your table of values
occupies A2 to B20 of Sheet2 - you will need this in B1 of Sheet1:

=VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!A$2:B$20,2,0)

Hope this helps.

Pete