-   -   Is there a way to require a cell to be completed in Excel? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/149080-there-way-require-cell-completed-excel.html)

dlmurray

Is there a way to require a cell to be completed in Excel?

I know that you can require a cell/field to be completed in Access, but was
wondering if there was a way to do the same in Excel.

Dave Peterson

Is there a way to require a cell to be completed in Excel?

I use an adjacent cell that's formatted in a big bold read font:

=if(a1<"","","<-- Please fill in this cell")

--

Dave Peterson

Malcolm Austin

Is there a way to require a cell to be completed in Excel?

Hi,
can't help on the formula's but my own method is to make the cell
background
bright yellow, that way people can see and pick out what they need to fill
in immediately...

Malcolm