-   -   Incrementing formula by two rows (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/14896-incrementing-formula-two-rows.html)

Ben Hur

Incrementing formula by two rows

Hi,

This should be a simple question, but I can't get to the bottom of it.
I have imported a text file, but the data for every record is spread
over two rows. I need to extract data from every second row, i.e.:

=MID('Sheet2'!$A1,2,1)

However, I want to drag down so that the next formula reads:

=MID('Sheet2'!$A3,2,1)

I've been trying (and failing) to use the offset command for this.
The only other criteria is that I don't want to use a helper column if
possible as the resulting data will be automatically loaded onto a
system and I don't want to risk forgetting to delete the helper
column!

Thanks.
BH

Steve

Have your tried a combination of Row and Indirect:

=MID(INDIRECT("Sheet2!A"& ROUNDUP(ROW()*2-1,0)),2,1)