Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Huge sum function formula

First I want to say that I just discovered this board and cannot believe the
help I have gotten in the last few days. No more having to pour over books
looking for formulas.
Now I hope I can expalin my prediciment. I have twelve worksheets (one for
each month) that lists employees in column A (A10 - A16). In row 8 and
columns B - AS I have the workdays of the month (Teethless MaMa helped me
with that formula). So therefore one sheet might have more columns accross if
there are 31 days. I also have two columns under each date seperated into
education and consulting. I need to come up with a grand total at the end for
all of the education and all of the consulting hours for each month and each
person. I have been using a sum formula (B10+D10+F10+H10...........AR10) for
the education hours and the sum formula (B11+D11+F11+H11.......AS10) for the
consultative hours. The other wrinkle I need here is the employees need to
type in the letters PTO when they are off. I know that the sum function will
let me do that but I keep getting the wrap around error message.