Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Sum the first x cells in a range

Weird one, but I know someone out there knows how to do this...

I have two rows, this fiscal year and last fiscal year.
I have a count of the cells that have values for this fiscal year (let's say
the count of cells e6:p6 is 8).
I want to then sum the first 8 cells in row 5 (e5:p5) so I can return last
fy to date compared to this fy to date.

How would I build a function that would sum the first 8 cells in row 5?