-   -   I want result of a function in the cell and not the function itsel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/148589-i-want-result-function-cell-not-function-itsel.html)

Rana

I want result of a function in the cell and not the function itsel

When I write a function in an Excel sheet in some columns i see the result
and in others I see the function itself.

Any suggestion in how to get the results of the function in the cell?

Mike H

I want result of a function in the cell and not the function itsel

Rana

It's likely that the cells wher you see the function (formula?) are
formatted as text.

Select those cells and format as general then hit F2 and enter.

Mike

"Rana" wrote:

When I write a function in an Excel sheet in some columns i see the result
and in others I see the function itself.

Any suggestion in how to get the results of the function in the cell?

klafert

I want result of a function in the cell and not the function itsel

You can highlight the column or row, then copy, then paste special back on
the same column or row. When you PASTE SPECIAL, choose values. This gives
you the results, but you do lose the formula.

"Rana" wrote:

When I write a function in an Excel sheet in some columns i see the result
and in others I see the function itself.

Any suggestion in how to get the results of the function in the cell?

Gord Dibben

I want result of a function in the cell and not the function itsel

Re-format the cells to General then F2ENTER on the cells with the function
showing.

If you have many of these, after selecting all cells and re-formatting........

EditReplace

What: =

With: =

Replace all.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 1 Jul 2007 00:28:00 -0700, Rana wrote:

When I write a function in an Excel sheet in some columns i see the result
and in others I see the function itself.

Any suggestion in how to get the results of the function in the cell?

Rana

I want result of a function in the cell and not the function i

Mike H, klafert and Gord Dibben; thank you for your answers, this is what
I've been looking for.