-   -   Macro for Conditionally Formatting Comments (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/148249-macro-conditionally-formatting-comments.html)

Daren

Macro for Conditionally Formatting Comments

Is there a way to write a macro to conditionally format a cell with text?
For the cell in question, I have written an IF statement that will enter a 1
when something is incorrect. I've written that formula to be
=IF(A2<B2,1,""). For cells with a 1 in it, I've used conditional format to
highlight it red. I also want to figure out a way for that cell to say
"Check Times." How do I do that?

AKphidelt

Macro for Conditionally Formatting Comments

I'm not sure I get what you mean... maybe you want the cell to be in red and
show "Check Times". So your saying the 1 really doesn't matter, it's just an
indicator to check times?

Because you can write

=IF(A2<B2,"Check Times","")

Then under Format---Conditional Formatting

Say Equal to "Check Times"
And format it to red

Is that what you want?

"Daren" wrote:

Is there a way to write a macro to conditionally format a cell with text?
For the cell in question, I have written an IF statement that will enter a 1
when something is incorrect. I've written that formula to be
=IF(A2<B2,1,""). For cells with a 1 in it, I've used conditional format to
highlight it red. I also want to figure out a way for that cell to say
"Check Times." How do I do that?

Daren

Macro for Conditionally Formatting Comments

Yes, thanks for being able to help. That's exactly what I need. Thanks very
much!