-   -   Conditional Formatting for Comments (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/148248-conditional-formatting-comments.html)

Daren

Conditional Formatting for Comments

Is there a way to insert a word or comment into a cell using conditional
formats? For the cell in question, I have written an IF statement that will
enter a 1 when something is incorrect. I've written that formula to be
=IF(A2<B2,1,""). For cells with a 1 in it, I've used conditional format to
highlight it red. I also want to figure out a way for that cell to say
"Check Times." How do I do that?

Norm (I know nothing)

Conditional Formatting for Comments

Hi Daren

I have used the iferror formula to do that. Something like
=IFERROR(someformual(A3,'blahblah'!$A$3:$AT$3750,2 ,FALSE),"Check Times")
This will place the text value in any cell that encounters an error. I use
it to point users at the most likely problem when they use one of my tools.
Hope that helps.

Norm