-   -   Help with COMPARE??? IF??? VLOOKUP??? Don't know which to use (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/148242-help-compare-if-vlookup-dont-know-use.html)

jessshouse

Help with COMPARE??? IF??? VLOOKUP??? Don't know which to use

I have two worksheets.

Worksheet 1
In column A1, I have the value SERVER1
In column A2, I have the value SERVER2

WORKSHEET2
Somewhere in column A, I have the value Sever1
Somewhere in column A, I have the value Server2

In column B I have a number 8.1.1 that coincides with the server name in
column A
(Server2 value might be 8.2)

I want to take the value located in coulmn B that associated with Server 1
(wherever it might be in column A)

and put it in cell B1 in Worksheet 1.

Toppers

Help with COMPARE??? IF??? VLOOKUP??? Don't know which to use

in B1:

=VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!A:B,2,0)

To allow for errors:

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!A:B,2,0)),"Not found",VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!A:B,2,0))

"jessshouse" wrote:

I have two worksheets.

Worksheet 1
In column A1, I have the value SERVER1
In column A2, I have the value SERVER2

WORKSHEET2
Somewhere in column A, I have the value Sever1
Somewhere in column A, I have the value Server2

In column B I have a number 8.1.1 that coincides with the server name in
column A
(Server2 value might be 8.2)

I want to take the value located in coulmn B that associated with Server 1
(wherever it might be in column A)

and put it in cell B1 in Worksheet 1.

Pete_UK

Help with COMPARE??? IF??? VLOOKUP??? Don't know which to use

Try this in B1 of Sheet2:

=VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!A:B,2,0)

If you have the name "Server1" (not "Sever1") in column A of Sheet2,
this will return the corresponding value from column B, but if there
is no match you will get the #N/A error.

You can copy the formula to B2 if you need to.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Jun 27, 7:34 pm, jessshouse
wrote:
I have two worksheets.

Worksheet 1
In column A1, I have the value SERVER1
In column A2, I have the value SERVER2

WORKSHEET2
Somewhere in column A, I have the value Sever1
Somewhere in column A, I have the value Server2

In column B I have a number 8.1.1 that coincides with the server name in
column A
(Server2 value might be 8.2)

I want to take the value located in coulmn B that associated with Server 1
(wherever it might be in column A)

and put it in cell B1 in Worksheet 1.

Pete_UK

Help with COMPARE??? IF??? VLOOKUP??? Don't know which to use

Sorry, first line should have been:

Try this in B1 of Sheet1:

Pete

wrote:

I have two worksheets.

Worksheet 1
In column A1, I have the value SERVER1
In column A2, I have the value SERVER2

WORKSHEET2
Somewhere in column A, I have the value Sever1
Somewhere in column A, I have the value Server2

In column B I have a number 8.1.1 that coincides with the server name in
column A
(Server2 value might be 8.2)

I want to take the value located in coulmn B that associated with Server 1
(wherever it might be in column A)

and put it in cell B1 in Worksheet 1.- Hide quoted text -