-   -   Inserting Additional Text in Spreadsheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/148192-inserting-additional-text-spreadsheet.html)

SEBA Branch Inventory

Inserting Additional Text in Spreadsheet

How do I add the same word to the start of 900 different text descriptions
globally without individually editing all 900 line items?

naz

Inserting Additional Text in Spreadsheet

you can create a new field and add:

="STARTWORD"&<Click the cell to combine

copy this to all 900 lines. This should do the trick.

-NAZ-

On Jun 27, 8:54 am, SEBA Branch Inventory <SEBA Branch
wrote:
How do I add the same word to the start of 900 different text descriptions
globally without individually editing all 900 line items?

Max

Inserting Additional Text in Spreadsheet

One way ..

Assuming source text running in A1 down
and you want to prefix* the text: XXX
*with a space after XXX

Put in B1: ="XXX "&A1
Copy down to B900
--
Max
Singapore
"SEBA Branch Inventory" wrote:
How do I add the same word to the start of 900 different text descriptions
globally without individually editing all 900 line items?

ryguy7272

Inserting Additional Text in Spreadsheet

This macro will help you achieve your desired results:

Sub add_the_same_word()
For Each cell In Selection
cell.Value = "add the same word " & cell
Next
End Sub

FYI, change the stuff in quotes and make sure the cells are selected before
running the macro.

--
RyGuy