-   -   Alert user that row has been modified by changing row color (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/148190-alert-user-row-has-been-modified-changing-row-color.html)

jubu

Alert user that row has been modified by changing row color

I would like to set up a spreadsheet of data so that if anything is modified
in a cell, the entire row changes color. Is this possible in Excel and if
so, how can it be done. I have tried the "track changes" but that does not
change the background color, it marks the cell. Thanks in advance for any
help.
--
jubu

Bernie Deitrick

Alert user that row has been modified by changing row color

jubu,

Copy the code below, right-click the sheet tab, select "View Code" and paste the code into the
window that appears. It will make the entire row red when any cell is changed....

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

Target.EntireRow.Interior.ColorIndex = 3
End Sub

"jubu" wrote in message
I would like to set up a spreadsheet of data so that if anything is modified
in a cell, the entire row changes color. Is this possible in Excel and if
so, how can it be done. I have tried the "track changes" but that does not
change the background color, it marks the cell. Thanks in advance for any
help.
--
jubu

Bernie - Thanks so much for you help and wisdom!!