-   -   converting to numbers (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/14816-converting-numbers.html)

smintey

converting to numbers

When I import some data into excel and copy and past it I am asked whether i
want to convert the text into numbers (which I do!) via a pop-up "!" mark
that hovers next to the data. The "text" that it asks me to convert is in
fact already a number but obviously excel does not recognise it as so! Is
there any function of excel that will allow me to convert my text into
numbers straight away without waiting for a prompt?

Help would be gratelfully appreciated!!!

Thanks

Steve

Peo Sjoblom

You can copy an empty cell. select the text numbers and do editpaste
special and select add

Peo Sjoblom