-   -   How do I delete the name for a named range i no longer require? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/147704-how-do-i-delete-name-named-range-i-no-longer-require.html)

Chris Mitchell

How do I delete the name for a named range i no longer require?

I've tried to delete the name for a named range that I no longer require,
but so far have been unable to do so. The named range is now covered by two
other names. How do I delete the original name?

Ron Coderre

How do I delete the name for a named range i no longer require?

Try this:

From the Excel main menu:
<Insert<Name<Define
Select the offending name from the list
Click the [Delete] button

Does that help?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"Chris Mitchell" wrote:

I've tried to delete the name for a named range that I no longer require,
but so far have been unable to do so. The named range is now covered by two
other names. How do I delete the original name?

Chris Mitchell

How do I delete the name for a named range i no longer require?

Thanks Ron.

"Ron Coderre" wrote in message
Try this:

From the Excel main menu: