-   -   Automatic Fill of a Formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/147630-automatic-fill-formula.html)

nabanco

Automatic Fill of a Formula

Hello,

is there a way to have a formula automatically fill through the entire column?

For example, if column F was [=today()-B], how would I get the sheet to
always recognize that formula for that column and carry it all the way down
the sheet indefinetely?

Thanks for your help

Gary''s Student

Automatic Fill of a Formula

Usually people just select a cell, enter the formula, and touch ENTER.

Select a column (or part of a column) type the formula and touch CNTRL-ENTER
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200732

"nabanco" wrote:

Hello,

is there a way to have a formula automatically fill through the entire column?

For example, if column F was [=today()-B], how would I get the sheet to
always recognize that formula for that column and carry it all the way down
the sheet indefinetely?

Thanks for your help

nabanco

Automatic Fill of a Formula

Thank you!

"nabanco" wrote:

Hello,

is there a way to have a formula automatically fill through the entire column?

For example, if column F was [=today()-B], how would I get the sheet to
always recognize that formula for that column and carry it all the way down
the sheet indefinetely?

Thanks for your help

[email protected]

Automatic Fill of a Formula

If you are entering a formula and want it copied down as far as there
are non-blank cells in the column to the immeidiate left or right of
it you can double click on the lower right corner of the cell (after
you enter the formula) and the formula will automatically fill down.
You double click when the curser changes to a + sign.

Good luck.

Ken
Norfolk, Va

On Jun 22, 1:03 pm, nabanco wrote:
Thank you!

"nabanco" wrote:

Hello,

is there a way to have a formula automatically fill through the entire column?

For example, if column F was [=today()-B], how would I get the sheet to
always recognize that formula for that column and carry it all the way down
the sheet indefinetely?

Thanks for your help- Hide quoted text -

Gord Dibben

Automatic Fill of a Formula

If you have trouble with your formula as posted, perhaps use a real cell
reference rather than just "B"

Maybe B1 or B2

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 22 Jun 2007 10:03:01 -0700, nabanco
wrote:

Thank you!