-   -   Converting Total Time hh.hh to HH:MM:SS (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/147626-converting-total-time-hh-hh-hh-mm-ss.html)

David A.

Converting Total Time hh.hh to HH:MM:SS

I have a total time of 56.50 hours I need to convert to HH:MM:SS (56:30:00)
total. Help, I have tried =Text(A1/24,h:mm:ss, this is not working for me.
Help, it's driving me crazy!

Sloth

Converting Total Time hh.hh to HH:MM:SS

Option1:
=TEXT(A1/24,"[h]:mm")

Option2:
=A1/24
format as [h]:mm

first option outputs text that looks like time, and the second option
outputs time in excel format. The brackets [] tell excel to output the total
hours instead of the time of day (ie at 24 hours it does not go back to 0:00).

"David A." wrote:

I have a total time of 56.50 hours I need to convert to HH:MM:SS (56:30:00)
total. Help, I have tried =Text(A1/24,h:mm:ss, this is not working for me.
Help, it's driving me crazy!

Roger Govier

Converting Total Time hh.hh to HH:MM:SS

Hi David

You need a set of quotes around the formatting.
Also, if you want to show values over 24 hours, it needs to be
[h]:mm:ss.

=TEXT(A1/24,"[h]:mm:ss")

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"David A." wrote in message
I have a total time of 56.50 hours I need to convert to HH:MM:SS
(56:30:00)
total. Help, I have tried =Text(A1/24,h:mm:ss, this is not working for
me.
Help, it's driving me crazy!

John T Kennedy

Converting Total Time hh.hh to HH:MM:SS

I need the inverse - I need to change a total time, like 35:45:00 to a
decimal, 35.75.

Thanks in advance for the help.

jk

"David A." wrote in message
I have a total time of 56.50 hours I need to convert to HH:MM:SS
(56:30:00)
total. Help, I have tried =Text(A1/24,h:mm:ss, this is not working for
me.
Help, it's driving me crazy!

Pete_UK

Converting Total Time hh.hh to HH:MM:SS

Answered in one of your duplicate posts.

Pete

"David A." wrote in message
I have a total time of 56.50 hours I need to convert to HH:MM:SS
(56:30:00)
total. Help, I have tried =Text(A1/24,h:mm:ss, this is not working for
me.
Help, it's driving me crazy!- Hide quoted text -

RagDyeR

Converting Total Time hh.hh to HH:MM:SS

Have a little patience ... wait a while for answers!

RD