-   -   password cracker for spreadsheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/147531-password-cracker-spreadsheet.html)

S S

password cracker for spreadsheet

Try this site for a macro to find password

www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html

I used this successfully the othernight for one I had forgotton. However
tonight I was playing around with a spreadsheet I have with some personal
info on it. I know the password ok but it doesnt seem to crack it. It is a
password of 11 letters and 4 numbers. Would the length of the password or
the fact it has numbers as well be the problem?
If not then what is the sequence for the cracker programme?
Do I open the programme first then my spreadsheet, where it says enter
password I click delete then to tools and then unprotect worksheet, I get a
message that password removed but it hasnt done it.

opinions please.