-   -   Conditional formatting Max and Min (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/147458-conditional-formatting-max-min.html)

Sean E

Conditional formatting Max and Min

Using Microsoft Excel 2000, I'm attempting to make the max value and min
value of a set of unique numbers turn a certain color. I've tried numerous
different ways using cell value and formula but am unable to have just those
two values turn to a different color. Usually I'll have several if not all of
the numbers change color.

Any ideas? Thanks.

vezerid

Conditional formatting Max and Min

Say your data are in A1:A10. Select A1:A10, FormatConditional
Formatting... Formula Is:

=A1=MAX($A$1:$A$10)

Similarly for MIN.

HTH
Kostis Vezerides

On Jun 21, 7:14 pm, Sean E <Sean
wrote:
Using Microsoft Excel 2000, I'm attempting to make the max value and min
value of a set of unique numbers turn a certain color. I've tried numerous
different ways using cell value and formula but am unable to have just those
two values turn to a different color. Usually I'll have several if not all of
the numbers change color.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Bob Phillips

Conditional formatting Max and Min

http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.CF.html#top3

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Sean E" <Sean wrote in message
Using Microsoft Excel 2000, I'm attempting to make the max value and min
value of a set of unique numbers turn a certain color. I've tried numerous
different ways using cell value and formula but am unable to have just
those
two values turn to a different color. Usually I'll have several if not all
of
the numbers change color.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Toppers