-   -   Prompt for update (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/147315-prompt-update.html)

S S

Prompt for update

When I open a workbook it prompts me for:-
"Update" or "dont update"
"Workbook linked to other sources" type of message.

The workbook concerned is a copy of my original in another folder (I always
work off copies)
I have never experienced this before (the prompt) which is annoying. I have
tried both `update` and `dont update` but still get the prompt every time I
open it.
How can I stop this.
thanks

Vasant Nanavati

Prompt for update

If it really is a copy you should not have links to the original. Try Edi |
Links | Break Links.

"S S" wrote in message
.uk...
When I open a workbook it prompts me for:-
"Update" or "dont update"
"Workbook linked to other sources" type of message.

The workbook concerned is a copy of my original in another folder (I
always work off copies)
I have never experienced this before (the prompt) which is annoying. I
have tried both `update` and `dont update` but still get the prompt every
time I open it.
How can I stop this.
thanks

S S

Prompt for update

Sorted thank you.

"Vasant Nanavati" <vasantn AT aol DOT com wrote in message
If it really is a copy you should not have links to the original. Try Edi
| Links | Break Links.

"S S" wrote in message
.uk...
When I open a workbook it prompts me for:-
"Update" or "dont update"
"Workbook linked to other sources" type of message.

The workbook concerned is a copy of my original in another folder (I
always work off copies)
I have never experienced this before (the prompt) which is annoying. I
have tried both `update` and `dont update` but still get the prompt every
time I open it.
How can I stop this.
thanks

Vasant Nanavati

Prompt for update

You're welcome.

"S S" wrote in message
. uk...
Sorted thank you.

"Vasant Nanavati" <vasantn AT aol DOT com wrote in message
If it really is a copy you should not have links to the original. Try Edi
| Links | Break Links.

.uk...