-   -   Is there a 255 character limit in pivot table cells? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/146948-there-255-character-limit-pivot-table-cells.html)

RH-at-PDCO

Is there a 255 character limit in pivot table cells?

Is there a 255 character limit in pivot table cells? I have text in some of
the fields and these are being truncated at 255 characters. CAn this limit
be increased by formatting the pivot table to Text, or General, or Custom?

Dave Peterson

Is there a 255 character limit in pivot table cells?

Like in a row field in your pivottable?

Yep, there's a limit.

No, I don't think you'll find a way to change this limit.

--

Dave Peterson