-   -   Conditional formating (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/146896-conditional-formating.html)

Dave

Conditional formating

I have 7 values ie a, f, p, s ,t n and sl which are used within the
worksheet, i want to apply a pattern colour to the cell which a,f and p use
whilst a different colour for t,n and sl and another for n. As conditional
formatting gives only 3 conditionals I can not use cell values ="a" etc. I
have tried formulas such as OR but can not get to work. Any ideas please.
--
Dave
Thanks

Toppers

Conditional formating

CF
FormulaIs: =OR(A1="a",A1="f",A1="p")

Repeat for other conditions

HTH

"Dave" wrote:

I have 7 values ie a, f, p, s ,t n and sl which are used within the
worksheet, i want to apply a pattern colour to the cell which a,f and p use
whilst a different colour for t,n and sl and another for n. As conditional
formatting gives only 3 conditionals I can not use cell values ="a" etc. I
have tried formulas such as OR but can not get to work. Any ideas please.
--
Dave
Thanks

Max

Conditional formating

OR should work fine

Try something like this as the CF's "Formula is"

Select col A, then apply it as

Cond1:
=OR(A1="a",A1="f",A1="p")
Format: Green