-   -   More Secure Sheet Protection (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/146567-more-secure-sheet-protection.html)

jd

More Secure Sheet Protection

I have multiple files on a network location at work. They are all the same
document. Recently one of them looks unprotected and it actually is but when
you go to tools, protection it still says it's protected. I found out how to
get around this but what I want to know is if there is a way to block them or
make it even more secure so they can't get around sheet protection.

Mike H

More Secure Sheet Protection

JD,

Forget it with Excel, anyone suitably determined, can do a Google search and
a rudimentry knowledge could crack the protection if you let them open the
workbook.

There is no security within Excel worth a carrot.

Mike

"JD" wrote:

I have multiple files on a network location at work. They are all the same
document. Recently one of them looks unprotected and it actually is but when
you go to tools, protection it still says it's protected. I found out how to
get around this but what I want to know is if there is a way to block them or
make it even more secure so they can't get around sheet protection.

Susan

More Secure Sheet Protection

excel is not a secure application.

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...0f1b3061e117dc

this post is dated 2002, but i don't think much has changed since
then.
:)
susan