-   -   Invalid date if weekend or bank holiday (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/146517-invalid-date-if-weekend-bank-holiday.html)

grobertson

Invalid date if weekend or bank holiday

Hi,
I have a spreadsheet where cell C6 requires the user to enter a date, I
currently have a custom validation in the cell of the following:-

=WEEKDAY(C6,2)<=5

This displays an error message if a non-working day (i.e. a Saturday or
Sunday) is entered in the cell. Is there anyway I could get this to work if
the user also enters a bank holiday date.

Regards, Glenn

vezerid

Invalid date if weekend or bank holiday

In a separate area in your workbook enter all bank holidays. Select
this range and InsertNameDefine... call it Holidays.

Your DV formula:
=AND(WEEKDAY(C6,2)<=5,COUNTIF(Holidays,C6)=0)

HTH
Kostis Vezerides

On Jun 14, 3:25 pm, grobertson
wrote:
Hi,
I have a spreadsheet where cell C6 requires the user to enter a date, I
currently have a custom validation in the cell of the following:-

=WEEKDAY(C6,2)<=5

This displays an error message if a non-working day (i.e. a Saturday or
Sunday) is entered in the cell. Is there anyway I could get this to work if
the user also enters a bank holiday date.

Regards, Glenn

grobertson

Invalid date if weekend or bank holiday

I have tried this but it is giving me the following error message :-

"A named range you specified cannot be found"

wrote:
Hi,
I have a spreadsheet where cell C6 requires the user to enter a date, I
currently have a custom validation in the cell of the following:-

=WEEKDAY(C6,2)<=5

This displays an error message if a non-working day (i.e. a Saturday or
Sunday) is entered in the cell. Is there anyway I could get this to work if
the user also enters a bank holiday date.

Regards, Glenn

bj

Invalid date if weekend or bank holiday

try networkday()
you may have to install the analysis toolpack
=networkday(date in question,date in question, hol list)=0 will give a true
when a holoday or weekend date is selected.

"grobertson" wrote:

Hi,
I have a spreadsheet where cell C6 requires the user to enter a date, I
currently have a custom validation in the cell of the following:-

=WEEKDAY(C6,2)<=5

This displays an error message if a non-working day (i.e. a Saturday or
Sunday) is entered in the cell. Is there anyway I could get this to work if
the user also enters a bank holiday date.

Regards, Glenn

grobertson

Invalid date if weekend or bank holiday

I still can't get this to work.

I just want it to not validate if a date that I enter is a wekend or bank
holiday

"grobertson" wrote:

Hi,
I have a spreadsheet where cell C6 requires the user to enter a date, I
currently have a custom validation in the cell of the following:-

=WEEKDAY(C6,2)<=5

This displays an error message if a non-working day (i.e. a Saturday or
Sunday) is entered in the cell. Is there anyway I could get this to work if
the user also enters a bank holiday date.

Regards, Glenn

Teethless mama

Invalid date if weekend or bank holiday

Post your formula

"grobertson" wrote:

Hi,
I have a spreadsheet where cell C6 requires the user to enter a date, I
currently have a custom validation in the cell of the following:-

=WEEKDAY(C6,2)<=5

This displays an error message if a non-working day (i.e. a Saturday or
Sunday) is entered in the cell. Is there anyway I could get this to work if
the user also enters a bank holiday date.

Regards, Glenn

bj

Invalid date if weekend or bank holiday

set up a range with the holidays you are interested in (Hol) and use in your
validation equations
=and(WEEKDAY(C6,2)<=5,c6<hol)

"grobertson" wrote:

Hi,
I have a spreadsheet where cell C6 requires the user to enter a date, I
currently have a custom validation in the cell of the following:-

=WEEKDAY(C6,2)<=5

This displays an error message if a non-working day (i.e. a Saturday or
Sunday) is entered in the cell. Is there anyway I could get this to work if
the user also enters a bank holiday date.

Regards, Glenn

bj

Invalid date if weekend or bank holiday

Come to think of it, I occasssionally have problems with named ranges.
if you do , try to just put in the actual rewange where you have the
holidays listed. (in my test it was H1:H3)